Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lost at sea

Not sure how many I've done on Circle 1: I switched to my laptop so I could do problems wherever I want, so in the next few days I'll need to coordinate the stats from my desktop and those from my laptop. Unless someone knows how to import player stats in Convekta software like CT-Art.

I'm finally interested in my work again since I stopped working on a project I simply hated. Hence, chess is becoming a much less important part of my life. In other words, it was a drug I was using to escape how much work sucked. But I will finish these circles...

5 Comments:

Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

So, you never really loved the game?

4/24/2006 01:34:00 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Loving something and doing it too much are not mutually exclusive. Take sex, for instance.

However, my real intellectual passion is neuroscience, not chess. Since I wasn't being intellectually stimulated at work chess picked up lots of the slack.

As I said in my first post ever, "I am not a willing participant in this [chess] cult, but was dragged here because nobody likes to play my favorite game, Hex." I didn't start this blog because of a love of chess, but a hatred of losing chess and a desire to play a game every now and then without getting destroyed. Frankly, I simply had no idea it would be so hard to get better at chess. Maybe I should have taken up checkers :)

4/24/2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

I sometimes re-evaluate how much time I want to spend on chess myself. Between chess, my work, my relationship, and whatever I'm studying at the moment (currently it's accounting) time becomes very precious.

PS

4/24/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

"Maybe I should have taken up checkers."

I don't believe you just said that....blasphemy!

PS

4/24/2006 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger phorku said...

In CT-Art you can copy a couple files to keep your place in your circles. I am not aware of any import features. I believe the files are users.dat and userselo.dat. If you have any questions you can post them on my blog.

4/25/2006 01:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home