Monday, August 15, 2005

Revision of my program

I am still tooling away at Tasc Chess Tutor (TCT), finally starting a new minicircle of 200 problems after working four mini-circles in the previous set of 200 problems in Step 2. As Temposchlucker promised, it is an excellent program. When all is said and done, I will probably have spent close to a year working through TCT, but I prefer working slowly and remembering the lessons to going lightning fast. I'm in this for the long haul.

I have also significantly updated the Divine Tragedy, adding a new precircle (Seirewan's Play Winning Chess) and two new postcircles. As recommended by Celtic Death and Tempo, I've added a postcircle on endings, in which I'll work through Seirewan's Winning Chess Endings. I've also added, for the coup de grace, a book of master games. As suggested by Quandoman, I will work through A First Book of Morphy. It is an amazing book, with games organized to illustrate opening, middle game, and end game principles. There are 30 principles in all, with a couple of games each. I worked through two of the games this weekend, and the move-by-move annotation was clear and helpful (the first principle is the old chestnut 'Open with a center pawn' and two games are included to show how this is helpful). I am very excited to reach this point, most likely in 20 years or so when my rating should be up to 1010 :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So there's 60 complete games in that Morphy book? You'll have to keep us updated on it, I'm in the hunt for an easy to understand collection myself.

8/16/2005 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home