Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Chess Improvement Blog Carnival: January 4, 2011

The first edition of the Chess Improvement Carnival will be on January 4, 2011. You can make submissions here. Deadline for submission is New Year's Day January 1, 2011.

Because it is the first edition, I'm accepting any post from the past year, so it will actually be a 'Best of 2010' carnival! It can be about tactics, strategy, humor, book reviews, annotated, games: anything relevant to the theme of chess improvement.

How it works
You can submit a post of your own, or posts from other people that you think deserve wider readership. It can cover any aspect of chess improvement. If you aren't sure if a post is "good enough" to submit, then err on the side of submitting it. I will filter out spam or irrelevant posts (e.g., a post about full body scanning at airports). As long as it is about chess improvement, it is the right subject (if it is chess news, then it isn't the right place).

The carnival itself will be a post with an annotated list of the accepted submissions.

Volunteer to host future carnivals
My plan is that we have a chess improvement carnival the fourth day of every month. If you are interested in hosting a future carnival at your blog, email me (bluedevil [dot] knight [at] yahoo.com).

16 Comments:

Blogger Geoff Fergusson said...

I am engaged in a 7 Circles inspired programme, but have not had a reply from secretary.knight. Either he is on a Crusade, or expanding the intervals between repetitions (rather than reducing them as de la Maza did) is an unforgivable heresy. I have submitted an article for the Carnival, introducing my variation on the method and the research that has gone into it. I hope it is of interest. I am new to blogging. Please let me know if I have messed it up!

12/03/2010 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Bright Knight, unfortunately the Knights Errant is dead, I need to go in and revise all that. The Secretary, whoever it is I don't even know, stopped checking on that long ago unfortunately. Thanks for submitting to the carnival!

12/04/2010 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

BDK... Knights Errant Dead? NO! It's just a flesh wound.

12/05/2010 04:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there in memory of my deceased husband.

Mrs CL

12/08/2010 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Liquid Egg Product said...

Very well. Here is my submission.

"January" is misspelled in the title, BTW.

12/08/2010 10:14:00 PM  
Anonymous lefthandsketch said...

this carnival is going to be AWESOME!! im going to submit a bunch of my favorite posts from around the blogosphere, and i hope to host it at brooklyn 64 eventually. great idea for bringing the chessblog world together and sharing the best of the best.

12/09/2010 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A flesh wound?

"No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church door; but 'tis enough, 'twill serve: ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find me a grave man. . . They have made worms meat of me."

Apologies to The Bard.

12/10/2010 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Great to see the enthusiasm, maybe you can be the host for the February 3 carnival!

12/10/2010 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous LaughingVulcan said...

When I went to the link you referenced in the post, all I got was, "Blog Carnival Temporarily Unavailable

Our database is temporarily unavailable. Take this moment to write an article and post it to your blog. Once we are up and running, you can submit it to your favorite Blog Carnival!"

So, is there an alternative method to submit an entry?

12/18/2010 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Jolly good.

12/19/2010 03:23:00 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Laughing Vulcan: that is the preferred location, but if it stays down 24 hours, then email me the article link at bluedevil dot knight at yahoo.

12/19/2010 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous SamuraiPawn said...

Knights Errant dead!? What the hell!

12/20/2010 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger de4schatjesvandeklokstraat said...

Best wishes for 2011


Dead???

Who is talking :-)

Montse

12/26/2010 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger de4schatjesvandeklokstraat said...

Best wishes for 2011


Dead???

Who is talking :-)

Montse

12/26/2010 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger takchess said...

http://takchesschess.blogspot.com/

Hi

I'm starting my future blog posts at the address above.

Happy New Year!

12/28/2010 06:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Samurai said...

Montse: The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated! :p

1/01/2011 01:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home