Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chess improvement carnival

Happy Thanksgiving folks!!!

I'm gonna initiate a chess improvement blog carnival. The way it will work: every month (or two months depending on demand), we will have a chess improvement blog carnival which gives an annotated list of the best entries from the last month. I hope we can have a different blogger host the carnival each month, but I will host the first one.

There used to be a general chess blog carnival, but it is discontinued, plus it wasn't focused on chess improvement but was more diffuse and focused on politics, news and such as much as improvement.

More details next week. If you have ideas for a logo, let me know.

8 Comments:

Blogger BlunderProne said...

I'm still in ... here's my submission: http://blunderprone.blogspot.com/2010/11/chess-improvement-and-hyper-busy-man.html

11/27/2010 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Tommyg said...

Here is my submission:

http://prodigalpawn.blogspot.com/2010/11/another-knight-vs-bishop.html

I am plodding through Silman's Amateur Mind book and am using real game positions for practice. I have also edited the post to include links on how to REALLY use Chessbase's material search for study.

11/27/2010 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger takchess said...

I don't have a post worthy of submission but you and your readers may find my latest project of interest.

http://takchess.blogspot.com/

11/27/2010 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

THanks guys! Fine to submit here, but I'll be asking for submissions next week at the official carnival site when I post more details...

11/27/2010 06:33:00 PM  
Blogger LinuxGuy said...

Here's my submission:

http://linuxguyonfics.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/books-ii/

I get even more "A.C.I.S."-y in the comments section.

11/28/2010 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger Chess? said...

hi BDK, you can remove my blog from your side bar. the spam was taking over as well as my busy life. my blog days are on hold for now. thanks v-much gor the following.
cheers.

11/29/2010 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger takchess said...

I'm unsure if you are still looking to find a place to play... If you purchase Fritz 12 on Amazon 32bucks you get Fritz and one year of playchess.com.

11/29/2010 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger takchess said...

RE: I'm unsure if you are still looking to find a place to play... If you purchase Fritz 12 on Amazon 32bucks you get Fritz and one year of playchess.com.

It's now 50 bucks . I wonder if I hit the Mad Monda Special.

Jim

11/30/2010 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home