Thursday, March 19, 2009

New chess club in Durham!!!

My wife was working at a library in North Durham (NC) today and sent me this pic from her phone:


Huzzahhh! This place is very close to our house, and I think this coming Saturday is only the second time they are meeting, so I'm getting in on the ground floor.

Hopefully this link takes you to their web site (it isn't much, just a brief description from the library web site). Sometimes I think the site starts playing weird music, so be careful with your volume.

At any rate, I'll be there Saturday so if anyone wants to chess it up in Durham, come on over!

7 Comments:

Blogger Loomis said...

Unfortunately I'm booked the next couple of Saturdays, but I may try to make it after that. We'll see what you report back.

3/19/2009 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger X said...

Sounds like you have a good wife...she's out there scouting chess clubs for you.

3/19/2009 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger From the patzer said...

Hmmmm, i wonder why your wife want you out of the house on saterdays between 2 and 4 pm? :-)

I hope the club becomes a succes and a force to reckon with in US chess. Have fun.

And who knows, maybe all this we were blogging with he next president of the Durham chess club. :-)

3/19/2009 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

LOL chesstiger.

Yeah I am lucky, I could see her wishing I'd spend Saturday at home fixing the leaky sink in the bathroom. :)

3/19/2009 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger likesforests said...

Excellent! Good luck with the club.

3/20/2009 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger Polly said...

That's cool. Let us know how it goes.

3/21/2009 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

Screw the leaky sink... if Saturday is CHESS DAY, then so be it. Glad you found a club. F2F OTB exoerience is the best.

3/23/2009 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home