Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Found my home at the ICC

I looked at all of the major chess playing outlets online, and my favorite was the Internet Chess Club, or ICC. One cool thing at ICC is the TrainingBot function, in which you work on over 1000 tactical problems arranged in order of difficulty (from 1 to 8). It doesn't store statistics on your progress or anything, but they are fun, and you work on them against their chess engine so you can get real-time feedback. I plan to use ICC as a rough indicator of my progress, and OTB as a solid indicator. I'll post my rating every 10 games.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You named yourself after commonly know part of the brain on ICC?

I would have thought a Dukie like you would have named yourself something like "Interstitial nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus". . .

[grin]

4/13/2005 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

No Jim, everyone who looses from him is hypothalamus. . .

4/13/2005 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Jim, I think you might overestimate how many people know that the thalamus is in brains. My mom, for instance, thinks it is a dessert served in Britain. :P Of course, they have been known to eat some strange things over there across the Atlantic...

4/13/2005 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey BD,

My handle is PawnSensei in ICC. Add me to your notify list.

PS

4/18/2005 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home