Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scooby J'adoube Doo

J'adoube seems to be making a comeback. For those that don't know, he was the bulldog of the Knights Errant, a sort of kickboxer of the blogosphere whose blog was often embroiled in controversy. See this post for instance. His worst trait, by far, is that he roots for the Tar Heels instead of Duke.

He also had a lot of good stuff on chess improvement. His approach to the Circles (doing minicircles) was helpful as I started on the path of tactical insanity (Celtic Death was an early adopter of such a program, and Sancho Pawnza may have been the first to use such a life-compatible method).

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woot!

Oh Behave!

Let's the antics begin. . .

1/14/2009 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BTW,

Thanks for the props!

;-)~

1/14/2009 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

The Concentric circles method I adopted were from J'adoube as well.

1/14/2009 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

I tried to post a comment on J'adoube's site and I was in a sort of never ending post window that never allowed me to post.

I guess I don't count as "old school" since I only came on board February of 2006. At least I never left!

1/14/2009 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

That's odd. Perhaps he is fiddling with some setting.

1/14/2009 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger From the patzer said...

Ah, controversy, just what we need in this chess blogosphere. Guess i will link to him to not miss a single contro from the versy. Or is it only knights? :-)

1/15/2009 06:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home