Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Fell off the bandwagon yesterday

Last night I stayed up watching Columbo DVDs instead of working on the Chess Tutor. Oh well. Today I did three tests to make up for it. I need to put myself on a more strict schedule to be more productive, and I am not just talking about for chess! It is sometimes dangerous having a job where I can basically set my own hours and slack off if I have the urge. Don't get me wrong, I realize how lucky I am to have such a job, but I need to be more conscientious about regimenting my day.

I have finished the first 200 problems in Step 2 of TCT, and am plugging away at the next 200. It still amazes me how I can sit there for 5 minutes staring at a board position with no more than 4 pieces, and still have no idea what to do!

Blue Devil bows to Caissa.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Devil,

You deserve a day off !!

I quote ...
"Began training: April 9, 2005
Present ICC rating: 1072
Before MDLM: 946"

At this rate you will do the 400 points in roughly 190 days !

Phil

6/14/2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

It still amazes me how I can sit there for 5 minutes staring at a board position with no more than 4 pieces, and still have no idea what to do!

Since I study pawn endings that happens all the time! Two hours to make an inventory of the main variations is not uncommon. In still I might make mistakes when playing it against the computer!

6/17/2005 04:01:00 AM  
Blogger takchess said...

Columbo is the best ! Well worth a momentary sidetrack.

6/17/2005 07:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home